Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Time Tokens

I just finished my second modge podge project.  The first was a dinosaur hanging rack for the twin's nursery.  (see below)


This new project took a LOT longer to complete. BUT, here it is!  
I made a Time Token system for my oldest. For good behavior and for helping around the house and doing his chores he earns time tokens he can spend to play his video games or watch TV or play on his computer. Only additional requirements are: he has to complete all his homework first, it can't be past bed time, and no more than two hours on school days.  (It's the age of technology people, two hours a few times a week on weekdays isn't that bad)  I really like how this one turned out.

 I used some poker chips because I liked the weight of them. I wanted the tokens to 'feel' as valuable as they were to my 9 year old electronic junky. Using these gave the tokens some weight and a solid feel in your hands.
 Next I used my cricut to cut circles the same size as the chips. Two circles for each chip.
 I also cut stars for the front and back of each chip.
 Then I used mod podge to glue all the pieces to the tokens and finished them off with a spray sealant. 
 Next I took a mason jar and decoupaged labels on all four sides. 




 I then cut a slit in the lid and wrapped a ribbon around the top.

Finally I used the dealer token in my poker case to make a gold star (ok, I guess it's a gold token with a silver star) for those REALLY good days where he just WOWs us.

Now my husband wants me to make another set for the twins. They earn tokens for good behavior and they get to spend them on "cry time".  He says they are irreversibly in-the-hole.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment